Monday, June 25, 2007

Well it's been some time since my last post :)

Well here's the story for this blog. Things have changed since the start so here is the 10,000 foot view:

  • Blog started while I worked for a major Health Insurance company in Buffalo,NY. I was over worked (60+ hour weeks on salary), on-call 24/7 (7-10 calls/pages during the night), and really hated my job.
  • I was also an active member of a active volunteer fire company and when I wasn't working, I was on calls/going to drills to make quota to maintain active status.
  • I was on child number 2 (2 and 9 months at the time) and not getting any sleep between work, fire, and kids.

Fast forward to today and the changes:
  • New job working for a large regional bank.
  • No longer a member of the fire company.
  • Kids are now 3.5 and the other going on 2.
My sanity, it's returned.
My life, it's back as well. (Work on avg 43-45 hours a week now, no after hours calls)

My money, it's down some since I took a pay cut when I got a new job but with some changes, new technology (gotta love VOIP), and money smarts the bills get paid, the roof is over our heads (and getting replaced soon to boot), and food on the table even though M can be a PIA about eating. His new kick is saying certain foods are "disgusting!".

So why the title, Lite A Fire To Your IT Guys Scotch? Well at the time and still now I'm a IT guy. The fire, volunteer fire fighter, go figure. Scotch, well it's good. Underlying theme, piss off your IT guy and you'll pay :)

My posts will be random at best from this point foward. Rants, likes, dislikes, etc. Keep an eye out and feel free to comment.

C

No comments: